Teaching, Learning, meet Technology.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Out into the world...

Bond's new LMS aka iLearn@Bond is now available to students. Yikes. We enabled the student accounts this afternoon and I've logged in this evening just to reasure myself the system is still there, and still happy. Only 29 subjects will be using it this pilot semester, but the grunt work of managing the system imprementation and data integration is done at this point.

I feel... proud. I've been poking my head in on academic's subject sites to see how they are progressing, and while they are all basic in terms of instructional design, I can actually see the personalities of the staff reflected in ther sites. I quite like that the property lawyer has chosen pink bubbles for his navigation menu. There are announcements welcoming students to the sites and explaining that they are the lucky few to be pioneering a new learning tool at Bond. These make me smile.

The energy and enthusiasm of the academics has really surprised and refreshed me. They are so very keen to do... something. Anything. As are the students. The IT HelpDesk forwarded me an email from a student asking why he couldn't login to "the iLearn", as he could access all other university systems with his new account. This was at 2pm this afternoon, 3 hours before we enabled student accounts, and no communications had yet gone out to students. I don't know how he even found the login page as it's not linked to from anywhere on the main site.

I've invited everyone who has been involved in the project so far to a launch drinks tomorrow afternoon and I really am looking forward to it. I'm feeding off the enthusiam and passion of the staff and students at this place. It really is energising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home