Teaching, Learning, meet Technology.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

People/Student power!

Great post from Jerry Slezak of Running with Scissors on Students as Change Agents. Jerry describes an experience where he unsuccessfully tried to convince a non-Blackboard user to use the LMS to collect and distribute student contributions instead of using email attachments. The academic then raised the option with his students who were all for it an encouraged the use of the LMS.

This morning I saw that faculty member again. He had class last night with those students, and they discussed how he was planning to send them the MW Word documents via email. He said to me "I told the students in my class last night about how you suggested using Blackboard for this. They said, '‘Yes! - that is much better!'"” Then he said to me - "Do you think we have a revolution on our hands?"


Awesome. I must admit, I've been counting on Bond's very vocal students to assist me with encouraging staff to use Blackboard. Here's hoping they come through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home