Teaching, Learning, meet Technology.

Friday, May 05, 2006

More on leadership styles

I'm going to go off on another tangent about leadership styles again. The leaders and managers I've worked with who I most respected and was inspired by, were the ones I was and still am a little intimidated by. The ones I always take a minute to think through questions and ideas before speaking. The ones I most want to impress.

I know I'm a fairly approachable manager. I've always tried to be. While my thoughts and ideas are generally respected, I get the feeling that people aren't intimidated by me or aren't willing to approach me with requests for advice or ideas in the same way I have been towards some of the people who's leadership I most value.

Is my own approachability, something I've always prided myself one, a detriment to my progress into more senior leadership roles? Do you have to be a little bit scary to be a good leader?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home