Teaching, Learning, meet Technology.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Understanding Networked Learning

I regularly read Leigh Blackall's blog Teach and Learn Online, and have recently started reading his new "work" blog Educational Development at Tekotago, which chronicles his new appointment at Otago Polytechnic. Because he's blogging about the work he is actually doing, as he actually does it, I'm finding it a great source of inspiration and ideas for my own work here at Bond.

I've been struggling a bit with how best to tackle staff development here, and in particular, raising awareness of the internet beyond static websites (blogging, collaborative authoring, tagging, content re-usability and portability etc). I'd been toying with the idea of holding sessions where I can take academics through 'guided play' in technologies both Blackboard and beyond. Leigh has helped clarify my ruminations in his post on Networked Learning Workshops, where he describes a series of lunchtime workshops he will be running on everything from blogs and wikis to Open Office and tagging.

Thanks Leigh, for putting your knowledge out there to help inform and inspire us ed-tech newbies, and don't let your IT department lock you down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home