Teaching, Learning, meet Technology.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Welcome

Its funny how life can sometimes plonk you down just where you never thought you would be but exactly where you should be. Now that I've been appointed to manage Bond University's teaching and learning systems, I suppose I can safely say that I've chosen a career, or perhaps that a career has chosen me.

I've come to Bond to manage an implementation of a new learning management system, as well as to oversee the ongoing development and provision of learning technologies and the academic staff development programs which support their use. I'm also looking at completing a research master's while I'm here and as such have been allowing myself the luxury of reading and investigating and listening to what's going on out there, instead of living only in my own little world, professionally speaking.

My new role has given me a lot to think about, and consequently, a need to collate and keep track of these thoughts. To this end, I've created this blog to:
  • Record my thoughts and observations on the progress of Bond's LMS implementation project

  • Collect and share pieces of research, thoughts and opinions on teaching and learning with technology

  • Help me pull together information that will help me form and write my research thesis


  • Another, more optimistic goal is to encourage discussion and debate on what happens when teaching and learning, technology, project management, and *gasp* business get together for dinner.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home